Ate in San Louis Obispo at the Pita Pit- wish Riverside had similar places... Grabbed some essentials at Rite Aid across the street, napped in front of Starbucks for about a half hour, grabbed a caramel macchiato for the road and continued south towards Santa Barbara. Once I pass SLO I consider myself in the Northern or Southern half of the state following my direction of travel. Southbound from SLO to Ventura is quite a great drive- in and out of ocean view, rolling hills, a general good drive, especially after quite a monotonous drive from the Bay Area to SLO.
Landing in Ventura about 10, I grabbed some more snaks and hit the beach for some good 'ole oceanic solitude. After a half hour rest, sitting in the sand about 10 yards from rolling waves I remembered that I still had a 2 1/2 hr drive ahead of me...parted from the sand, brushed the beach from my feet and continued.
Arriving around 1am to DrewTaryn's I found myself greeted by a comfy couch with pillow and blanket awaiting my slumber. Set my alarm- and dream of the road awaiting me and my Mini.

No comments:
Post a Comment